The Best Mocha Whipped Cream Frosting
The Best Mocha Whipped Cream Frosting is the perfect blend of coffee, chocolate and whipped cream. Perfect for when you need a frosting lighter than buttercream but still want that delicious Mocha taste.
Mocha Lattes are delicious. Mocha desserts are delicious. Mocha Frosting is delicious. We took the same great flavors of Coffee and Chocolate that we used in our popular The Best Mocha Buttercream Frosting and used them to flavor our light and delicious Whipped Cream Frosting. Our The Best Mocha Whipped Cream frosting is everything we had hoped for and more. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Instant Coffee is the key to the coffee flavor in our Mocha frosting. We like these Starbucks French Roast Instant Coffee packets which you can find in most grocery stores in the coffee aisle. To make sure the coffee flavor stands up alongside the chocolate you need start with a robust coffee. After much trial and error we found that this French Roast worked perfectly. Pour the entire instant coffee packet into the whipped cream.
Now add the Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
Mix the Instant Coffee and Cocoa Powder until it is thoroughly combined and the coffee and chocolate have dissolved. If you are having problems getting the lumps out, refrigerate the mixture for a bit and give the powders a chance to dissolve.
Once the Mocha Whipping Cream mixture is smooth and completely mixed, gather your other ingredients: a box of White Chocolate Pudding and 1/3 cup of Powdered Sugar.
For best results, put the mixing bowl (stainless steel is the best) you will be using to make the frosting in the freezer for at least an hour prior to making your Mocha Whipped Cream Frosting. Add the whipping cream to the cold bowl.
This is an amazing frosting – light, fresh and creamy and not too sweet. The Mocha lovers in your life will ask for this one again and again.
- Add one packet of Instant Coffee to Whipping Cream.
- Add Cocoa to Whipping Cream.
- Stir Whipping Cream until Instant Coffee and Cocoa Powder have completely dissolved.
- Add Whipping Cream mixture to a chilled mixing bowl.
- Turn mixer on high.
- Mix until soft peaks form.
- Add Powdered Sugar.
- Mix at high speed.
- Just before you get to stiff peaks add White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix.
- On slow speed, mix whipping cream and pudding.
- When it starts to come together, stop mixer and scrape down sides.
- Check to make sure the pudding hasn't clumped on the bottom.
- Fold mixture a couple of times with a spoon.
- Turn mixer back on for just a few revolutions.
- DO NOT OVERMIX.
You May Also Like: