Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
These Mickey Mouse Cupcakes are super adorable, topped with a yummy easy-to-make homemade buttercream frosting and so easy to make! They will be the hit of your Mickey Mouse Birthday Party!
You can’t have a kid’s Mickey Mouse Birthday Party without Mickey Mouse Cupcakes. These yummy chocolate cupcakes are adorable and delicious and SUPER easy to make. And that is a birthday party trifecta! Chocolate cupcakes with red cupcake liners adorned with two Mickey Mouse buttons, topped with our extremely yummy homemade Buttercream Frosting and Oreo ears – what could be better? These cupcakes are going to take your party dessert table to the next level we promise. Your family and party guests will ooh and aah over your cupcakes and you don’t have to tell them how easy there were to make!
Ingredients You Will Need
How to Make the Cupcakes
Step 1: Make a batch of cupcakes. You can use a cake box mix, we have all the instructions you’ll need to make them taste just like homemade right here. Or you can make them from scratch with our yummy Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes recipe. We used chocolate cupcakes but Vanilla Cupcakes would taste great too.
How to Make the Frosting
Step 2: The key to these delicious cupcakes is our Best Buttercream Frosting recipe. It is light and creamy and buttery and super delicious! You will find the recipe and directions here. One batch of frosting will be enough to frost 12 cupcakes. If you used a boxed cake mix, you should have about 18 cupcakes and will need to double the frosting recipe.
How to assemble the Cupcakes
Step 5: Grab a cupcake.
Step 6: With the decorating bag and a 1M tip, make four swirls of frosting the last one should end with an upward flourish so that the swirl ends in a peak at the top. You can find a video of how Frost a Cupcake right here.
Step 7: Press the Mini Oreo Ears into the sides of the cupcake at the top. We twisted open the oreo and scrapped the center out and then used one cookie circle for each ear.
Step 8: Finally, we used a non-toxic glue stick to stick on two white circles from a hole punch machine on the front of the cupcake liner for buttons. (You could also use Glue Dots.)
Other Mickey Mouse Party Desserts You Will Love
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1-2 batches The Best Buttercream Frosting
- Wilton 1M Frosting tip and decorating bag
- Red Cupcake Liners
- Mini Oreo Cookies
- Glue Stick or Glue Dots
- White Dots from a Hole Punch
- Bake a batch of chocolate cupcakes in red cupcake liners.
- Make 1-2 batches of our Best Buttercream Frosting depending on the number of cupcakes you are making. 1 batch will be enough for 12 cupcakes.
- Twist open the Mini Oreos and remove the Oreo filling.
- With the decorating bag and a 1M tip, make four swirls of frosting the last one should end with an upward flourish so that the swirl ends in a peak at the top.. You can find a video of how Frost a Cupcake right here.
- Nestle two Mini Oreo cookie wafers into the frosting for the Mickey Ears.
- Use glue dots to affix to white dots on the red cupcake liner for Mickey's buttons.