Caramel Apple Cookies
Caramel Apple Cookies are a delicious frosted cookie chock full of fresh apples topped with the yummiest Caramel Frosting you’ve ever tasted. Looks like a cookie but tastes like a Caramel Apple!
Every fall when we were kids, our Grandparents would take us on a day trip to pick apples from actual Apple trees! Which was super fun and exciting for Southern California beach kids like us. And then at the end of the day, as a special treat, they would buy us Caramel Apples to eat on the long car ride home. (Only the very best kind of Grandparents would let two kids eat a sticky, yummy, messy Caramel Apple in the car!) So for us, Caramel Apples mean Fall and good memories and love. But we are grown-ups now and the truth is, they are also super messy. So we’ve taken the flavors of a Caramel Apple and transformed them into a delicious and easy to eat Caramel Apple Cookie! We hope you love them as much as we do!
Peal and dice a tart apple – we used Granny Smith Apples. You will need a heaping cup of finely diced apples for these yummy Apple Cookies.
In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until the batter is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract. Mix in the cinnamon, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt. Mix well. Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and mix until combined. Add in your heaping cup of apples and mix with a spoon.
Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of Flour and combine until the flour is completely incorporated into the cookie dough.
Bake the cookies in a 375 degree oven for 13-15 minutes or until they are golden brown around the edges.
This is what the cookies look like just out of the oven. Golden brown and delicious and chock full of yummy apple pieces.
Make up a batch of our super delicious The Best Caramel Buttercream Frosting. You can find the recipe and detailed instructions on how to make this yummy Caramel frosting right here.
Frost the Apple Cookies with the Caramel Frosting.
Melt 8-10 Kraft Caramel candies in a small pan on low heat.
Drizzle the melted caramel over the Caramel Frosting as a final touch to these yummy Apple Cookies.
We were going to say that this is a great Fall cookie and it is, but you know what? It is actually a great cookie for anytime of year. Your friends and family are going to love this light and fluffy cookie, chock full of apples and cinnamon and topped with delicious Caramel Frosting, we promise. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Butter (Sweet Cream Salted)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 heaping cup finely diced and peeled Tart Apples (we use Granny Smith Apples)
- 8-10 Kraft Caramel candies
- The Best Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- Peal and dice 1 heaping cup of tart apples.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in cinnamon, baking powder, baking sold and salt and mix well.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and mix until combined.
- Add in 1 cup of apples and mix with a spoon.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of Flour and combine until the flour is completely incorporated into the cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies in a 375 degree oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Make a batch of our The Best Caramel Buttercream Frosting.
- Frost Apple Cookies with the Caramel Frosting.
- Melt 8-10 Kraft Caramel Frosting in a pan on low heat.
- Drizzle the melted caramel over the frosting.
You May Also Like: