Easter M&M Sugar Cookies
These beautiful pastel-colored Easter M&M Sugar Cookies are chocked full of Easter M&M’s and you won’t believe how yummy they are and how easy they are to make.
Spring! The flowers are blooming. Easter is coming. We love it! This year we are celebrating with a batch of these pretty Easter M&M Sugar Cookies. These cookies are soft, fluffy, chocolatey, and delicious. Kids and adults alike will love these fun cookies … and nobody has to know how easy they are to make.
These Easter M&M Sugar Cookies are our fifth Cookie of the Week – a new series that features a brand new, fun and delicious cookie recipe every week. Click here to see our other Cookies of the Week and don’t forget to Follow us on Tiktok where we will be debuting a new Cookie of the Week video every week!
Ingredients You Will Need
How to Make the Cookie Dough
Step 1: Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add 3 drops of Pink food coloring and mix until combined. Finally, mix in the salt, baking soda, and flour.
Step 2: We decorated our Springtime Sugar Cookies with the Easter Bunny M&M’s that are available in Spring. You can find them in the Easter Candy aisle at Grocery stores, Target and Wal-Mart. Take a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookie dough balls approximately 2″ apart on the cookie sheet.
Step 3: Lightly press down on the ball to slightly flatten the cookie dough before baking. Press the Easter M&M’s onto the cookie dough ball. This will allow the colorful M&M’s to show up on the top of the baked cookies.
Steps 4-5: Bake the cookies in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 10-11 minutes. So pretty … so yummy!
Expert Tips and FAQs
Cookies should always be stored in an airtight container. They should be completely cooled before storing them. Cookies stored at room temperature should stay fresh for 3-4 days. You can also keep them in the refrigerator and that extends their freshness for up to a week. If you need them to last longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. You can pull them out of the freezer and leave them on the counter for 1 hour and they will be ready to eat.
You can find the Easter M&M’s in the Spring months in the Easter Candy section at most Grocery Stores and Big Box stores.
Other Easter Desserts You Will Love
- 1 cup Butter (Sweet Cream, Salted, Softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package Easter M&M's
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring - Pink
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixer for three minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix three more minutes.
- Add 3 drops of Pink food coloring and mix until combined.
- Mix in the salt, baking soda, and flour just until combined.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball.
- Place the cookie dough balls approximately 2" apart on the cookie sheet.
- Lightly press down on the ball to slightly flatten the cookie dough before baking.
- Press the Easter M&M's onto the cookie dough ball.
- Bake the cookies in a 375 degree oven for 10-11 minutes