Seattle Seahawks Rice Krispie Treats
Seattle Seahawks Rice Krispie Treats are a perfect treat for a game day football party, a Super Bowl party or a special dessert for a Seahawks fan.
Did you know that women make up 45% of the NFL viewership? Nancy and I were raised on football. Watching games on Sunday is as normal to us as watching Curious George with Allison every other day of the week. We wanted to do something to celebrate football so we made these cute Seattle Seahawks Rice Krispie Treats Team Jerseys. They are the perfect Game Day Treat. Make up a batch and bring them to your next football party or as a special treat for any Seahawks fans you may know.
We found this T-Shirt cookie cutter on Amazon – it makes a perfectly shaped Football Jersey but it could be used for so many other sport theme treats (baseball, soccer, etc.)
We used Royal Icing to decorate the Seattle Seahawks Rice Krispie Treats. Our recipe is very simple – mix 1 box of powdered sugar with 5 tablespoons of meringue powder and slowly add up to 1/2 cup of water until the Royal Icing is the right consistency. To color the Royal Icing, you will need green food coloring. This recipe makes quite a bit of Royal Icing so you might want to adjust the measurements depending on how many team jerseys you will be making.
Now you need to make up a batch of Rice Krispie Treats. Our cookie cutter is pretty big so we only made three team jerseys from this size batch. We used 3 tablespoons of butter, 3 cups of marshmallows and 3 cups of Rice Krispie Treats for this sized batch of Rice Krispie Treats mixture. If you are going to make more than 3 Seattle Seahawks Rice Krispie Treats you will need an additional 1 cup of mixture for every extra team jersey Rice Krispie Treat. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the mini marshmallows and stir on medium low heat until they are completely melted as shown in the images above.
After the marshmallows have melted but before you add the Rice Krispie Cereal, add your food coloring. To make the right shade of Blue from the Seattle Seahawks Jersey’s we added the following combination of food coloring to the marshmallow mixture:
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – 8 drops of Blue
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – 2 drops of Pink
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – 1 drops of Red
Finally, add the Rice Krispie Cereal and fold it together until the cereal is completely covered with the blue marshmallow mixture.
Let the blue Rice Krispie Treat mixture cool for a few minutes. It needs to be cool enough to touch but still malleable. Spoon the mixture into the cookie cutter and mold it to fit the football jersey cookie cutter. Remove from the cookie cutter and let it cool completely.
Use the white and green Royal Icing to mimic the Seattle Seahawks Football Jersey. We added team numbers of our favorite players and the iconic White and Green stripes on the sleeve and neck of the jersey.
Pretty close if we don’t say so ourselves! Our Seattle Seahawks Rice Krispie Treats are ready for game day!
These Seattle Seahawks Rice Krispie Treats are a perfect dessert for a game day football party, a Super Bowl party or an anytime special snack for a Seahawks fan.
- Football Jersey Cookie Cutter
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal
- Butter (We use Salted, Sweet Cream Butter)
- Mini Marshmallows
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring System - Blue
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring System - Pink
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring System - Red
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring System - Green
- Royal Icing
- Melt 3 tbsp. Butter in a medium pan.
- Add 3 cups of Mini Marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Add food coloring and mix.
- Add 3 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal and mix until they are completely covered with the marshmallow mixture.
- Allow the Rice Krispie mixture to cool slightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the cookie cutter and mold it to fit the football jersey cookie cutter.
- Remove from the cookie cutter and let it cool completely.
- Use Icing to decorate the Rice Krispie Treat jersey to mimic the team jersey.
- Allow the Rice Krispie Treat Jersey to cool before storing in an air-tight container.
You May Also Like: