The first time I made this I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into. I love brown sugar, so I knew it wouldn’t be too bad but I hate to deviate from my tried and true Best Buttercream Frosting. Oh my goodness, I am so glad I deviated. Our Best Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting is delicious. The brown sugar makes this yummy frosting taste just like chocolate chip cookie dough. Mmmmmm…….
How to Make The Best Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting
You will need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of Butter (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar (Light or Dark)
- 4 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Milk as needed
- Decorating Bags
- Wilton 2D Decorating Tip
In a mixer, cream together softened butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla and mix until it is combined. Add the powdered sugar and mix. Slowly at first until the powdered is combined into the butter and sugar mixture. Then mix on medium until creamy. Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until you have the frosting at the desired consistency.
How much frosting will you need? That always depends on how thick or thin you apply the frosting or how much decorating you do but here are a couple of guidelines. Our recipe should make enough Best Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting to cover a 9″ x 13″ sheet cake or a two-layer 8″ cake. If you are making cupcakes, you should be able to frost 24 cupcakes if you apply the frosting with a knife. If you swirl on the frosting with a pastry bag like we have done here, you should be able to frost 15-18 cupcakes depending on the size of the swirl.
Subscribe to get our FREE "It's All About the Frosting" e-Book
This great frosting resource includes:
- Printable versions of 3 of our most popular frosting recipes.
- Frosting tips & tricks + answers to our most frequently asked questions.
This Best Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting is extremely yummy and would be great on so many types of cakes: Chocolate, Apple, any kind of Spice Cake, Pumpkin … let your imagination be your guide.
P.S. Let’s stay in touch! If you liked our The Best Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting post, click here to sign up for our Email Newsletter!
More Great Frosting Recipes …
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter (softened)
- ½ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Milk as needed
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla and mix until it is combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix. Slowly at first until the powdered is combined into the butter and sugar mixture. Then mix on medium until creamy.
- Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until you have the frosting at the desired consistency.
If you want to stay up-to-date on all our Frosting posts, Follow Two Sisters Crafting on Pinterest!