Patriotic Pretzel Bites
Patriotic Pretzel Bites are the perfect blend of sweet and salty. And what could be better than a 4th of July treat that looks like an American flag?
We love sweet and salty treats which I guess explains why we always seem to find a reason to make Pretzel Bites for parties and family get-togethers. These Patriotic Pretzel Bites are our take on a 4th of July themed version of this delicious pretzel and chocolate snack using Mini M&M’s and Vanilla Candy Melts to create a yummy United States Flag on each pretzel.
Ingredients You Will Need
How to Assemble
Step 1: Wilton has Bright White Candy Melts now along with the traditional Ivory/White ones. The Bright White worked really well for this project while still having that nice vanilla/white chocolate taste. Place the Candy Melts on the Pretzel Snaps, bottom side up. I always use Pretzel Snaps for these Pretzel Bites. The square shape gives you a little more room to be creative with the candy topping while still remaining “bite” sized. And I used Mini M&M’s this time instead of the regular-sized M&M’s. There are plenty of red and blue candies in a single bag of Mini M&M’s for a big batch of Patriotic Pretzel Bites. I melted the candy in the Microwave this time. You can use the oven (around 200 degrees for 4-5 minutes) or the microwave (it was 15 seconds in my microwave) to soften the candy melts.
Steps 2-5: I used Mini M&M’s instead of the regular-sized M&M’s. There are plenty of red and blue candies in a single bag of Mini M&M’s for a big batch of Patriotic Pretzel Bites. First I pressed two blue Mini M&M’s into the softened white candy. I didn’t lay them flat but instead pushed them into the candy at kind of a 45-degree angle to create a row effect. Finally, I added the Red Mini M&M’s to create the red stripes on the flag. I repeated that pattern in the second row and then I added to final rows of red M&M’s.
Other 4th of July Desserts You Will Love
- 36 Pretzel Snaps
- 36 Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- 1 Bag of M&M Minis - Use the Red and Blue only
- Line up 8-9 pretzel snaps on a paper plate.
- Place a white candy melt on the pretzel and microwave them for about 1 minute. You want the candy to be soft but not runny. (It will look shiny)
- Pressed two blue Mini M&M's into the softened white candy at a 45 degree angle to create a row effect.
- Add the Red Mini M&M's to create the red stripes on the flag. Repeat that pattern in the second row and then add a final row of red M&M's.