Spring is in the air and we are our expanding our Buttercream Series to include some new light and delicious flavors that will be great on top of your warm weather treats. Our The Best Pink Lemonade Frosting is light and fresh and creamy with just the perfect amount of tartness. This yummy homemade buttercream frosting will take your Spring or Summer dessert to the next level, we promise!
How to make The Best Pink Lemonade Frosting
You will need:
- 1 pound (4 cups) of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Butter (We use Salted Sweet Cream Butter)
- 5 tablespoons of Frozen Pink Lemonade Concentrate (thawed)
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – Red
- Decorating Bags
- Wilton 2D Decorating Tip
I use my food scale to measure 1 pound of Powdered Sugar. (If you don’t have a food scale the equivalent would be 4 cups.) You can sift the powdered sugar if it is really lumpy. I do not always do this. Instead I will mix the powdered sugar on low for 30 seconds to break up any large lumps.
Add 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened butter. I only ever use real butter, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Although I think margarine changes the taste, your buttercream frosting made with margarine will still be better than canned frosting.
Subscribe to get our FREE "It's All About the Frosting" e-Book
This great frosting resource includes:
- Printable versions of 3 of our most popular frosting recipes.
- Frosting tips & tricks + answers to our most frequently asked questions.
Start your mixer (or electric beater) on the lowest setting. I usually put a clean dishtowel around my mixer to keep the sugar from flying out. Keep on low until the butter and sugar are incorporated and then kick your mixer up to medium high.
At this point, begin to add the liquid from the thawed can of Pink Lemonade Concentrate. Add 1 tablespoon at a time and mix until you have the desired consistency. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS taste your frosting. You are trying to determine if the consistency is wrong, if it needs more pink lemonade mixture, etc. We used 5 tablespoons of Pink Lemonade.
Once we had The Best Pink Lemonade Frosting the consistency that we wanted, we added one drop of Red Food coloring to get this pretty shade of Pink.
How much frosting will you need? That always depends on how thick or thin you apply the frosting or how much decorating you do but here are a couple of guidelines. Our recipe should make enough Best Pink Lemonade Frosting to cover a 9″ x 13″ sheet cake or a two-layer 8″ cake. If you are making cupcakes, you should be able to frost 24 cupcakes if you apply the frosting with a knife. If you swirl on the frosting with a pastry bag you should be able to frost 15-18 cupcakes depending on the size of the swirl.
That’s all there is to it. You are now ready to frost your yummy baked goods with this super delicious The Best Mint Buttercream Frosting and boy oh boy does it make cookies, cakes and cupcakes taste great!
P.S. Let’s stay in touch! If you liked our The Best Pink Lemonade Frosting post, click here to sign up for our Email Newsletter!
Here are a few more yummy frosting recipes:
- 4 cups of powdered sugar (or 1 box)
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 tablespoons of Pink Lemonade Concentrate (thawed)
- Red Food Coloring
- Add powdered sugar to mixing bowl.
- Add softened sticks of butter
- Beat on low until powdered sugar is incorporated. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry.
- Add thawed Pink Lemonade Concetrate, a little bit at a time until frosting is the proper consistency.
- Add 1 drop Red Food Coloring
If you want to stay up-to-date on all our Frosting posts, Follow Two Sisters Crafting on Pinterest!