Nancy and I decided to take one of our mom’s old 70’s recipes and reinvent it. Pink Lemonade Pie was a spring and summer staple when we were little. We decided to modernize it by turning it into cookie cups. We are so glad we did because this turned out to be the perfect bit of lemony goodness. We know our mom would have loved it.
How to Make Pink Lemonade Cookie Cups
You will need:
- Cool Whip
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pink Lemonade Frozen Concentrate
- Pink Food Coloring
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Best Sugar Cookie Recipe
We made our cookie cups using a half-batch of our Best Sugar Cookie dough. This is the best sugar cookie dough we have ever used, the cookies taste great and they keep their shape. You will find the recipe with detailed instructions on how to make it here. But you have a lot of other options that would taste equally great with this yummy Pink Lemonade filling. You could use refigerated Sugar Cookie dough, pie crust dough or even Nilla Wafer pie crust or graham cracker pie crust. We rolled out the sugar cookie dough a little thinner than we would if we were making a traditional sugar cookie. And then we used a 2″ round cookie cutter to cut out our cookie cups.
Using a Mini Muffin Pan, we pressed the sugar cookie dough circles into the muffin openings and molded them into a cup-like shape. We baked the cookie cups in a 375 degree oven for 6 minutes.
You will only need three ingredients for the Pink Lemonade filling – Sweetened Condensed Milk, Pink Lemonade Frozen Concentrate and Cool Whip. The Frozen Concentrate needs to be completely melted so leave yourself enough time to set it out on the counter so it can defrost.
Add the can of Sweetened Condensed Milk and the melted Pink Lemonade concentrate to a medium bowl.
Mix the pink lemonade and the condensed milk together.
Finally, add the cool whip to the bowl.
Mix together. Depending on what type of Pink Lemonade you buy you might find that you want your mixture to be a little “pinker”. We added a tiny drop of Pink Food Coloring to punch up the color.
Spoon the Pink Lemonade filling into the cooled cookie cups.
Add some pretty sprinkles if you would like.
Taa … daa! This Pink Lemonade Cookie Cup recipe could not be any easier to make. So pretty! So delicious. Store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
These Pink Lemonade Cookie Cups taste great – sweet and refreshing with a little hint of tart – just like the perfect glass of lemonade. They are a great dessert for an Easter Brunch, a baby shower or a spring potluck.
- 1 - 8oz. container of Cool Whip
- 1 – 14 oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 – 12 oz. can of Pink Lemonade Frozen Concentrate
- Pink Food Coloring
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Ingredients for Cookie Cups (Pie Dough, Rolled Sugar Cookie Dough, Nilla Wafer pie crust mixture, graham cracker pie crust mixture.
- Defrost the Pink Lemonade Frozen Concentrate.
- Make your cookie cups. You can use pie dough, rolled sugar cookie dough, Nilla Wafer pie crust mixture or graham cracker pie crust mixture. Press which even cookie cup dough you like best into a Mini Muffin pan. Bake the cookie cups in a 350 degree oven for 6-10 minutes depending on which type of cookie cup you are making. Let the cookie cups cool.
- Pour a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup (approximately ¾ of the can) of the melted Pink Lemonade Frozen Concentrate to the mixing bowl.
- Stir the Condensed Milk and Pink Lemonade until it is thoroughly combined.
- Add the whole 8 oz. container of Cool Whip to the bowl and gently fold the Cool Whip into the lemonade mixture.
- Depending on the brand of Pink Lemonade you used, you might want to add a tiny bit of pink food coloring to the mixture to enhance the pink color of the lemonade mixture. [This step is optional!]
- Spoon the Pink Lemonade mixture into the cookie cups.
- Top the Pink Lemonade Cookie Cups with sprinkles.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
If you want to stay up-to-date on all our Cupcake posts, Follow Two Sisters Crafting on Pinterest!